As of Sunday and Today (Monday March 19 2018), Plover has recorded its first "Top Frost Thaw"
of the season which measures 1 inch of thaw below sod level.
Get ready farmers and gardeners! Spring is on the way! As time permits, I will be creating a gardening section with information about
seed planting depths and times to plant certain veggies.
There are no active watches, warnings or advisories
Plover Weather: Latest News
Plover Weather - Latest News.
- The CWOP Station status and history has now been repaired and is showing the accurate MADIS rating and history for my station.
A MADIS Rating grades the overall accuracy of the weather sensors that are sending data. Plover Weather sends data to the APRS/CWOP servers. For a while the GLADSTONE CWOP network was down. That has since been repaired.
So now if you go to "My CWOP CW0617 Station Status" in the main menu, you will see that Plover Weather has a overall 97% accuracy rating.
This MADIS rating grades the accuracy of my weather sensors on my rooftop.
To verify the data for my station "CW0617" visit Here
- The Plover/Stevens Point 7-Day Fishing Forecast is now in the main menu
- By request from viewers, I have added a new Plover Weather History section that displays the
Temp/Dew Point/Rain/Snow/Pressure/Degree Days/Humidity/Snow Depth recorded at my Plover Weather Station
for every day since Jan 1st 2011. I am in the process of compiling my weather history data from 2004 thru 2010.
You can find the new section in the left side menu under 'History / Almanac' >>> 'Detailed History'.
- Plover's December 2017 snowfall and rain/melted snow equivalent measured well below normal, with only 8.2 inches of the
normal 12.9 inches of snow collected. Plover only received 1.20 inches of the normal 1.41 inches of rain/melted snow equivalent.
for a detailed description of Plover's December 2017 Weather summary.
- The Nationwide CWOP - Citizens Weather Observation Program server is down. The Gladstone's are working diligently
to bring the system back on-line. Plover Weather reports Plover conditions to the CWOP network as Station "CW0617".
I will keep everyone up to date when that system comes back on-line.
- I am re-organizing the main side menu system. This reorganization will group like items together
and make it easier for the viewer to find everything. For example: All weather radar items are grouped together
under the proper Weather Radars button:
- By email request from multiple viewers, I would like to implement a PHOTO SECTION where viewers can submit their
Portage County Only Photos (for now). I would group them into photo categories. If Plover Weather viewers are interested in
me moving forward with this idea, please send me a message via the "Contact Tim" button. Make the subject line read
"Photo Section Comments".